While geared toward parents this article gives you some great ideas on some ways to spice up your summer. Just sitting inside glued to a screen isn't going to make you any memories, well not unless you count memorizing seasons of netflix shows. So here are just a few of the great suggestions that the linked article points out as things to spice up your summer and make it more exciting.
- Teach yourself some new dance moves (learn to moonwalk, polka or pirouette)
- Re-create a childhood photo (you're a lot bigger now)
- Learn to cook something complicated, like macaroons or baked Alaska
- Do something kind for someone—a neighbor, a family member, or a complete stranger
- Relax in a hammock
- Learn a new language
- Write letters (not emails, but actual pen-and-ink notes!)
All these and more are within the article linked in the "read more" link. Resources for most these activities can be found here at the library.